Tuesday 19 January 2016

Band Love

Hey guys,

My main passion is music and especially modern rock and have wanted to work within the music business for a while now especially with touring, live music events and PR because if feel having the correct image, brand but most importantly message from artists is the best way to communicate with their fans. Whenever I go to gigs each band I see I have all the emotions I have ever felt from their music rush through me and it feels amazing and it's a common bond I share with fellow fans and the band. So I am going to go through my favourite bands of all time. 

You Me At Six 


 It all started off in my nans house in 2010 before their Southampton Guildhall gig listening to Save It For The Bedroom and instantly was hooked. As they grew with their albums and music I grew up in life listening to their music and their songs relate to something in my life and means a lot. Being frank they are the main motive and inspiration to work within the music company as every gig I go to of theirs I always have the connection with every other fan of why we love them. From Cardiff to Plymouth, Southampton, Reading Festival, London and many more gigs I've been to I always feel like I can by myself. Their recent album Cavalier Youth is incredible it's very different to Sinners Never Sleep and their previous albums but artists need to change their music as life changes but their characteristics live on and is honestly insane there is no other word for it! So if there is any tiny possibility that they read this blog thank you for being amazing inspirations, I hope I get the opportunity to meet you, and PLEASE DJ at District in Bournemouth and if you ever do you'll thank me cause it's an awesome night and I'll show you the signature cocktail Donkey Kong! 


Deaf Havana


Although there was a sad departure from the group these boys are insane, started being a fan from 2011 and loved them from the start. First seeing them in Bath then Reading Festival their music adapted and their music got soooo good. My favourite has to be Fools and Worthless Liars with their alternative version is so diverse and amazing the use of acoustics shows off their skills and characteristics of the band. I recently met James and Max at District in Bournemouth, and they were genuine lovely guys made sure they had time to chat and had a really awesome conversation with them. They were up for a laugh and did an awesome DJ set as well. Although everyone needs to check out Friends Like These their early work but also their new work as well because the difference is amazing but still show how good they are. 

Don Broco


Adoration is the only word I have for these guys. I've seen them in Plymouth, London and Reading Festival and each time I swear they get better. I have developed a majorly be for these guys their recent album is so different yet contains the same type of sounds but just a edge of different style Superlove is my favourite of their new album but their older stuff I would recommend is Whole Truth, Priorities and you know what just listen to every song because they rock in every one! I recently met Matt at Distrixt again in Bournemouth and he was so friendly and made time for everyone even though it was so hectic due to the launch of the club night. Now all I need to do is meet Tom, Rob and Simon! 

These bands are my life and my motivation to work in the music business. 

Thanks for reading xo

No comments:

Post a Comment