Monday 28 September 2015

District

Hey guys, 

One of my passions as you might know is rock music! In Bournemouth you do get occasional gigs and a club called Sound Circus which has a wide range of rock music and mainly metal music! I am also part of the Rock and Indie Society which I couldn't take part in first year due to illness and coursework I had to do! But last monday the main Student Club The Old Firestation launched their new weekly Rock Music Event where the DJ's for the evening was Matt and Simon from Don Broco! I am a massive fan of Don Broco so this was the main thing I was excited for also to meet the rest of the society!

Me and my housemate Chloe started the night off at Inferno a bar next to the event meeting everyone before going to the club. Being the fan girls that we are we were first in queue and right at front of the barriers, we didn't bother getting a drink because we actually wanted to enjoy the night but the atmosphere already was electric and we met so many people and had conversations with and shared our stories of gigs which you don't tend to do on normal nights out. 



The night started out with the DJ warming up for Don Broco, Ryan Stannik, his set was so good and he was such a good host and played a great variety of music. One of the guys working for District came to me and my housemate Chloe and told us Don Broco weren't on for another 90 minutes because we were waiting all night (no shame) but we stayed enjoying the music and atmosphere! Then we spotted Matt and Simon making their way to the stage and lucky me I got a photo with Matt and it was one of the best moments of my life! Just to meet one of my favourite musicians just made everything worth the wait. They're set also was amazing, everyone singing along to their favourite songs made the whole experience just magical and so much fun!


District had a competition unknown to me and Chloe and chose their 3 favourite photos and whichever got the most likes the two people in the photos won Bring Me The Horizon tickets! They chose the funniest and most unflattering picture of me and Chloe singing like we were in the choir and we WON! It was such a funny moment but it showed that we were in the moment!



District have so many events on including free pizza night tonight which I wish I could go to however I have other commitments however I will be going most mondays that I am in Bournemouth! 

Thank you District for bringing rock music into Bournemouth student scene! 
So any rock fans out there in Bournemouth or Southampton go check District out!
If not in Bournemouth im sure theres some night like this!

Molly xo

(all photo cred to District)

No comments:

Post a Comment